Monday, 9 November 2015

White Water Rafting on River Tay + Playing with the GoPro

So my Dad has been working abroad for the past while, and when he was back for a short visit this weekend, he decided to book a lodge at Tummel Valley holiday park (Park Dean). We used to have caravan holidays here when I was a kid, so I have many fantastic memories of this place. The main event of the weekend: White Water Rafting!

Last time we were White Water Rafting with Splash, we tackled River Tummel, one of the more difficult rivers. This time, again with Splash, as River Tummel is not open for rafting at this time of year, we rafted the River Tay.







*Photographs courtesy of Splash*

I was a bit worried it wouldn't be as much fun as last time, being an easier river. But it was honestly just as fantastic. Yes, the white water parts were more tame compared to River Tummel. But they still made me scream, and during the quiet lengths of the river, we played several games with the guide and raft. You can watch the videos below - it was A LOT of fun, and got everyone in the water. As with last time, the Splash team were on top form. Great guides, who are both knowledgeable and hilarious fun! Aw, and the wee resident dog they've got is a cutie :)





This was the first time I've managed to get the GoPro out - this thing is awesome! Will definitely wear it on my helmet rather than chest next time though, as most of the footage, not posted here, was of my brother's back (sitting in front of me). Here's a couple other photos that I grabbed with the GoPro throughout the weekend that I thought were pretty cool:

  
*Ducks that made their rounds of the lodges each morning to get their breakfast! very cute!*


*River Tummel right next to the lodge.*




 *360 degree video showing the lodge and river*

Other than the white water rafting, we actually had a pretty lazy family weekend playing board games. We had aimed to go on a couple of walks and have a bit more exploring, but the rain was battering it down. My Dad and I had a wee wander around the caravans on Sunday, but safe to say the rest stayed in their PJs most of the weekend! But regardless, it was some lovely, well-overdue family time :)

Do you guys have similar "family weekends"? Maybe you've done something similar before? Drop me a comment, I'd love to hear about it! I'm also hoping to go canyoning with Splash when summer comes, so if anyone has done that let me know how it was!

To check out Park Dean Holidays at Tummel Valley, click here
To check out Splash! rafting and adventure company, click here

If you enjoyed this post, please do pop your email in at the bottom of the screen to follow by email for updates on new posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get new posts straight to your inbox: