Thursday, 6 August 2015

Just a few photos

Well, as I haven't been up to too much recently that's worth posting about, I thought I'd share a few photos of where I grew up. Right on the South banks of the River Tay, directly opposite the city of Dundee, is somewhere I feel extremely lucky to call home. Though I moved a fair bit when I was younger, I have spent the majority of my life in the towns of Newport-on-Tay and Wormit, with my mother now living in Tayport. These three towns make up this stunning riverside area of Tayside.

Some people here in Edinburgh have asked me before "Did you not get bored, living in a town?!". And the truth is, never! The towns are small enough to be cosy, and know your neighbours, but large enough that there's shops, local bars and even the odd festival. With St Andrews only 20 minutes away, and Dundee less than 5 minutes away, with plenty of buses, even as a teenager, when I wanted to hit up the pubs and clubs, it was never an issue.

This area is well worth a visit if you're ever popping through. There's a couple of fantastic restaurants and cafes, and some nice beaches to chill out on. It it is often peaceful, as in these photos, which make it perfect for kayaking. Please enjoy the photos below - a view I feel very lucky to have grown up seeing every day.

(Photos taken by myself, earlier this Summer 15, from the Newport Hotel Pub & Restaurant)








2 comments:

  1. Stunning photos! I'm really keen to explore more of Scotland and these pics are great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Lauren! Scotland is stunning, definitely worth taking the time to explore :D

      Delete

Get new posts straight to your inbox: